The Water Graduate Employment Programme
The Water Graduate Employment Programme – or Water GEP – initiated by the Water Research Commission (WRC) matches employers with unemployed graduates looking for internships, learnerships or work experience in the water, sanitation and linked sectors.
What are the programme objectives?
- To bridge the gap between the unemployed graduates and the world of work.
- To provide work experience and capacity-building opportunities in the water and sanitation (and linked) sectors.
- To support the next generation of innovators and leaders in this critical sector.
- To address the 33% graduate unemployment rate by providing workplace experience so as to improve a graduate’s chance of being employed.
- To prepare graduates for the world of work.
- To develop critical skills in the water, sanitation and linked sectors